OK, Valentines stuff first:
Amanda had to work Wednesday, the actual Valentine's Day, so on Tuesday night we had our family Valentines, with pink crepes and strawberries for dinner and a trifle-like dessert made with Twinkies (thanks to Judy for the Twinkie Cookbook). The kids made Valentine's cards for Amanda, (for some reason Joel's said Happy Valentines AND Merry Christmas). I gave Amanda a shirt (that I made) that says, "You can't spell HOT without O.T." (Occupational Therapist, what she's going to school to be) We agreed we wouldn't spend much on Valentine's this year. We bought season 3 on "Mad about You" on DVD for a shared present, and then she got me the movie "Contact"...
And, she surprised me with a 2GB iPod Nano. The troublemaker...She claims she needed to buy it because HER mp3 player broke and she wanted my old one, so she got me the iPod. I'm not complaining (I got tired of re-filling my 500MB mp3 player every freakin' day) although I wish she wouldn't buy me expensive things...oh well, the tax return is on its way...
Speaking of which, her interview for the program is this Friday, so keep her in your prayers, although we already feel like she'll get in no problem.
Today, Thursday, Libby and Ethan are watching the kids so Amanda and I can go on a date. We're going to Macaroni Grill, getting Amanda a haircut, and probably just hanging out at the mall for a while.
We're down to 26 days on the Disneyland countdown. Amanda says my last entry about my touring plan obsession was really dorky, so I won't bore you with it this time...I'll save that for another entry.
They're having a reading contest at Maddy's school, where she has to keep track of her reading hours for 2 weeks. She's read 460 minutes in the past 8 days. (that's almost 8 hrs for you slow calculators).
Now in honor of Valentine's, here's a touching song from MST3K "Loving Lovers Love"
3 comments:
Ah, what a lovely little song... I didn't realize Brain Guy (or what was his name?) was such a great singer, so touching!
Did pink crepes taste pinkish?
I'll pray fer 'Manda to get into the program, although I'm sure she will anyway.
Happy Late Ballantimes!
I enjoy that song--especially "When loving lovers love as loving lovers love" and "I really do like pie"
I can always taste the food coloring in crepes, although Amanda thinks I'm crazy.
Amanda's interview went really well, and it seems very likely that she'll get in. She'll know by March 23rd at the latest.
Great song. It makes me cry because it's so touching. So, is that yours and Amanda's special song?
Post a Comment