OK, Libby's comment on my last blog about the Finding Nemo Submarine Ride (opening this Summer) deserves its own blog in response. This is the first ride in a long time that really deserves the title "An e-ticket ride." From everything I've heard and seen about it, this new version of the submarine will turn it from "that cheesy ride with the fake fish" to a "how did they DO that? Can we go on it again??" must-see ride. I'm very upset that it won't be open when we go (16 days til DL, by the way), but I don't want to deal with the summer crowds. But maybe next year (if we go to Disneyland for our 10th anniversary instead of Disney World).
At the end of this blog is a You Tube link to the Finding Nemo ride at Epcot Center in Florida. They've been calling this "Finding Nemo Subs-Lite" because it uses thet same 3-D projection technology and has some of the same show scenes. You should watch it, and especially take a look at thte last minute or so, where the Finding Nemo characters are swimming in a REAL tank with REAL fish near them. It's some sort of 21st century, high tech version of the Haunted Mansion ghosts effect, and it looks SO AWESOME.
However, the Submarine version (instead of riding in clamshells) is going to be a 14-minute big-budget experience--not to spoil anything, but I hear there will even be a scene where your sub shakes. Apparently PIXAR head John Lassetter made them add in a bunch of extra stuff to make it even better than they'd planned originally. Of course, they were only able to add in a few extra seats to each sub, so unless you ride it first thing in the morning, expect to wait for HOURS or miss out.
At any rate, Libby, and any others who are skeptical about this ride--just wait til you see it.
8 comments:
I was just thinking...
They should make an "Eating Nemo" sushi restaurant to put near the ride.
Mmmmmmm...sushi...
Okay, I watched the video, but I didn't see Captain Nemo, just a bunch of fish. Where's Captain Nemo?
Yeah, I like the "Eating Nemo" restaurant idea. That sounds very promising.
Well, I still like the cheesy fake fish ride better. I guess I'm just a fan of cheesy fake stuff rather than high-tech impressive stuff. Plus I've never actually seen Finding Nemo.
Ha ha, I'd eat at "Eating Nemo" fer sher. Ethan makes a decent sushi, although I prefer it dipped in soy sauce with some wasabi and fresh ginger on top. Gotta have all those elements to make it a perfect burst of flavor.
So's your Face!
I have some Raw Tuna in my Freezer that I am really tempted to just slice and eat... I realized that while I 'like' sushi-- Sukoda in SLC is AMAZING...mmmm MARS ROLL mmmm
I really REALLY like Tuna Sashimi...
I need to have another Sushi Party... Make some Gyoza, some tempura sushi, some tuna sashimi...mmmm
Hey Kek, sounds yummy...
I can't edit my previous post, but the good sushi place in SLC is called Ginsa, not whatever I called it before...
I am wondering if any of the various sushi places around Provo Orem are any good. A few of them have all you can eat Sushi...
My brother Gregg said somone els took that video is that true? And he said it was took in florida is that true?
Post a Comment