Pages

Friday, February 23, 2007

18 Days--No Schedule?????

Yes it's true, I did NOT make an itinerary for our last day at Disneyland. What? Super-OCD Andy, the obsessive guy that wishes he could schedule bathroom breaks didn't plan out the last day at Disneyland? Well, no, I didn't, and here's why. Assuming that the parks aren't TONS more crowded than expected, we should be able to see almost everything we want to in the first 2 days, so the third day is our "catch-up/ride again" day. Anything we missed or want to go on again, we can do that day.
And that works out well for us, because it's a Friday, the most crowded day of our 3 days there. So we can take it easy, avoid crowds, and just relax on our last day. We're even planning on staying as late as the kids will let us, because then they can sleep in the car the next day on the trip home.

These rides are not in the schedule, that we can fit in on earlier days if there is time/changes to schedule; otherwise, ride on Friday:

Animation Building
Turtle Talk with Crush
Tough to be a bug
Tortilla Factory

Rides I don’t mind skipping:

Mullholland Madness
Jumpin Jellyfish
Aladdin
Autopia
Golden Horseshoe
Honey, I Shrunk the Audience

Now, here's a video of the most boring, annoying ride ever that I will do everything in my power to avoid. But, to make it more interesting, here's Autopia in 3-D!!!! (Red/Blue 3-D glasses Required for 3-D viewing)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boring?! That was a lot more interesting than the clock. I can't believe you don't like Autopia! It is a lot more fun than real driving.

You have to make sure you see It's Tough to be a Bug. That is so fun--and scary!

And don't miss the Golden Horseshoe. I guess you don't really care about those things, but just pretend Billy Hill is acutally Wally Boag, or however you spell his last name. It's only a 30 minute show, and it's fun.

I thought Fridays were supposed to be the least busy day?! Has it changed, or am I just messed up in the head?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Friday's aren't the least busy anymore. No, I hate autopia--boring line, slow line, annoying people all around, and I hate driving anyway. Plus the kids can't really drive it, so you just put your foot on the pedal while they sit there. We LOVE "It's tough to be a bug," but it's always scared the crap out of the kids. We'll need to bring cotton to plug up Abe's ears--with the tubes, he's sensitive to loud noises and all the 3-d flicks are LOUD. I really do want to go to the Golden Horseshoe--I've listened to the Bill Hill show on a podcast and it was pretty funny--Amanda doesn't really want to just sit there for a 1/2 hour (wrangling Abe and with kids that'll probably be bored) when there are rides to go on, though. But maybe we can get a dessert there while we watch and take a rest.

Legendary Pink Dot said...

What, Autopia is still there? That was a pretty wild one back in my day, hoo boy.

Do you and Manda take turns with Abe since most major rides aren't good for him? I took Joseph when he was 9 months and it was super loud and made him cry -- well, Buzz Lightyear, to be exact. It was too loud fer me, too. But Winnie the Poop was okay.

I miss the submarine ride. I thought the mermaids were real.

Anonymous said...

Fake driving the cars was okay when I was a kid, but now I hate driving (unless I can drive really fast, which is never, since I'm one of those annoying people that obey the speed limit), so why would I want to pay money to drive?

It's more of a rest spot for me than a ride, like It's a Small World.

Anonymous said...

They're doing a new submarine ride, but it's a Finding Nemo submarine ride. It's supposed to open this summer. But I doubt it'll be as good as I remember the original submarine ride being. You can't beat all that fake mermaid and octopus stuff. And I wish they would bring back Mighty Mighty Microscope or whatever its real name was.

The Andimator said...

Libby, I wrote a new blog about the Nemo ride.

Squiddy, yes, we'll be doing the "baby swap" thing for some of the rides, and some (like the roller coasters) will just be Amanda and Maddy anyway.

Legendary Pink Dot said...

Lib, you remember Mighty Microscope? When did they take that one down? That was my total fave when I was 7.