Today's the 9th Anniversary of the day Amanda and I got married. For some reason, 9 years seems a lot longer than 8 years. At any rate, I'll spare you all the gushing details about how sweet, wonderful, beautiful and sexy my wife Amanda is. I won't make you read a big long blog entry about the many ways she's improved my life, from being my best friend to being the mother of my children, to getting my to stop wearing pegged pants. And you definitely won't have to read about how excited I am to spend the rest of eternity with my wonderful bride, Amanda.
I love my wonderful wife with all my heart...o' course (don't ask me why it's easier to write o' course than of course, just deal with it, pink-boy) I'm still angry that she's making me go to her family reunion in a couple weeks...grrr...the things you do for love.
And considering it's a McTeer reunion, either I'm a saint or she's really the devil...maybe both.
I got Amanda a spice rack and the Apollo 13 DVD for anniversary presents, and she got me the newest "Mystery Science Theater 3000" DVD collection. We're having a date Friday night and Saturday day, and Amanda's sister Molly is watching the kids (including overnight!) We'll probably go see "Live Free or Die Hard" since amanda thinks the stunts look awesome.
speaking of summer movies, here are my mini-movie reviews of Ratatouille" and "Transformers":
"Ratatouille": A really great PIXAR film. Seriously, it was a feast for the eyes, and watching it was like eating a deliciously French pastry (including the fact that by the end of it, you feel like maybe I took one bite too many.) The visuals were amazing, and it was a fun story with lots of humor. We went to see this at a sneak preview on the 16th, and the kids loved it. Joel was laughing non-stop during the short cartoon "Lifted" (about an alien who's training to abduct humans). A+
"Transformers": OK, just to set the record straight, I can't stand the director, Michael Bay. He's obsessed with smoke effects, slow-motion, and sepia color filters--not to mention his love of over-the-top action. But here, my only goal was to see giant robots fighting, and it definitely had giant robots fighting. And it was pretty funny. All I was expecting was a kids-movie-quality plot, and it had that (except for some sexual references which really didn't belong in the movie). I took Joel to see it last night, and he loved it (well, until he fell asleep at the end, it didn't end til 10:30, so he missed the big battle between Optimus Prime and Megatron--oh well, he still had fun.) His favorite part was when one of the Transformers pee'd on an guy.
For those of you in Utah, the newest Maverik commercial should be airing on TV in the next week or so.
When I can provide a link to the commercial on 8Fish, I'll Write more about it--basically, I did all the water/lake ripple effects and smoke trails.
Have a great 4th of July!!
Here's the preview for PIXAR's next film "WALL-E." Apparently, there will be no dialogue for the first 1/2 of the film (except for some rumored audio clips from "Hello Dolly"). Anyway, it looks good, and Joel LOVES the music in the last 1/2 of the trailer.
6 comments:
Question: WHY would a robot need to pee? Aren't the Transformers some kind o' machine or robot? (I'm old, it was way after my time. And it's like a boy show.)
Happy Anniversary, guys! Yeah, 'Manda's purdy cool.
Apparently they are aliens that can take the form of vehicles, sort of a cross between animal and mineral, I guess. He popped off his gas cap and let the pee fly...onto John Tuturro, which was even better. He's creepy in ANYTHING.
I agree that John Tuturro is creepy in anything. He's just a creepy person.
Anyway, Happy Anniversary! I hope you guys have fun this weekend and that you think "We're so glad we've been married for 9 years instead of only 9 weeks." I always think that when I see newlyweds: "I'm so glad we're not newlyweds."
Yes, we're always happy that we're not newlyweds. Although Amanda wishes we were just starting out, but that I had my degree and she was starting her Masters program so that by the time we had these 3 kids, we'd be more "established" in life. That's not to say we don't love our kids, since they really are the best kids ever.
Happy Anniversary! I liked Ratatouille, but I really had a hard time getting past the rats thing. I mean, they look like real rats and do what real rats do, and it's just totally yuck!! to have them running around anyplace, let alone a kitchen! My mind really had a hard time letting that go.
>WHY would a robot need to pee?
For the same reason that Herbie peed oil on the bad guys in the original Love Bug.
Whatever that reason was.
But, there is a precedent.
Post a Comment