OK, if any of you want to see the Maverik commercial I worked on, you can go to www.8fish.com and if you click on Animation, it should bring up a commercial called "Monster vs. Trakker pt. 2." Or click on the blonde girl with the shocked look on her face at the bottom left side of the screen under "portfolio" on the main page and it'll take you to the same ad. On this commercial, I did a lot of stuff that you probably won't notice: shadows under the characters (like under the squirrel in the first shot) and I did the blinking red lights near the end. I also did some of the "assembling" of the shots, as in, people give me animation and backgrounds and I put them together in After Effects. So nothing too glamorous on that one. But I've seen the commercial on TV 4 times in the past week, on all different channels from Fox to the Travel channel to channel 34, whatever that one is!
But the commercial that comes out in July will have a TON of my work--including some cool water effects.
This morning I was thinking about some of my strange habits. For instance, as most of you know, I ROLL my clothes to put them in my dresser instead of FOLDING them...that hearkens back to my early teens when I learned rolling clothes as a travel tip to fit more in your suitcase.
Another thing Amanda and I do in the shower (hey, watch it!!!!) is that we get the edge of the shower wet and "stick" the shower curtain to the side of the shower wall to "trap in" the heat and not let a draft blow in.
Also, when I go to the movies, (I think this is more a nervous compulsion instead of a strange habit) I check to make sure my wallet and keys are in my pockets every 10-15 minutes.
So, what are some of your strange habits?
Next Sunday, the 24th, my primary class is in charge of Swearing time...I mean SHARING TIME. Ugh, I always hate doing it. This time, the theme has to do with baptism. Any ideas from anyone? Is it sacreligious to do a game where the 2 teams answer questions to make their character on the board go all the way under the water?
Oh, and in other news, we got a new computer!!! Here are the specs, compared to our old computer:
Old monitor: 17 inch, big freakin huge box monitor
New monitor: 20.1 inch widescreen flat-panel monitor
Old memory: 224 MB
New memory: 2 GB
Old hard drive: 80 GB
New hard drive: 320 GB
It also has USB/Firewire ports on the front, and a slot for our camera memory card. Oh, and the DVD drive doesn't get knocked into the CPU casing like our old one did. Now if I could just afford to get the Windows Vista versions of all my animation/Video software...oh well, I'm not at home enough to work on anything nowadays anyway. I do have MS Word, though, so I can get back to screenwriting/playwriting.
OK, to end with, here's a cartoon that is SO COOL-LOOKING. Visually, it's like Conqueror Worm on Catnip!
7 comments:
Why can't you put a comment on?
I eat a lot of food to the point of getting fat
That's more of a BAD habit, not a strange habit. Mmm, but food sure is delicious.
The jump in memory is nice isn't it!
>get the Windows Vista versions
Take my advice. If you've got Vista on your new machine, buy a copy of XP and put it on there instead...
Vista=Adds nothing important to XP except for bugs, resource hogging, and incompatibility with a bunch of software.
At least go into msconfig and disable all the garbage that gets loaded at startup. (Just don't disable anything you need for the system to run, hahaha...)
Another thing you might want to do to boost the speed with Vista is to use Vista's ReadyBoost feature (which lets you use a flash drive to increase speed).
Vista sure is perty, though.
On the other hand, Office 2007 is great! (Especially with the student/educator discount that I got.) Locations have been rearranged, so it takes a little while to get used to it, but it's one of the few changes that Microsoft has made in recent years that actually makes working on the computer easier.
OK, gotta see that 'mercial (and the vid) when nobody's asleep and I can make sound!
I do the check-my-money-and-keys thing obsessively, too.
And sitting in church I always add up the numbers on the hymn-number indicator thing. Like, over and over in different ways.
Sharing Time... wish I had some idears for ya. I think dunking a guy when answering enough questions seems okay. Or really dunk a kid.
For sharing time, I suggest looking in old copies of the Friend or in primary manuals. Go to like 1995 so no one remembers the sharing time lessons, and do something from a Friend from that year. Or go to a random Primary manual and find the lesson on Baptism, and do one of the Additional Enrichment Activities listed at the end. That's what I do for activities and such. Use stuff from past years but already planned out for you. It's so easy because it's all online.
I can totally understand the shower thing. Though the reason why I would try and make the curtain stick to the bathtub wall is because I hate when the curtain blows around and sticks to my body. Weird habits, well, I have a specific procedure in the shower. I have to follow this procedure, otherwise I get confused about what has or has not been washed.
Other weird habits...I can't pray with Ethan at night until we're both ready for bed. I hate when he tries to pray before either one of us has brushed our teeth or put on pajamas. I guess my weird habits are all procedural. I have a certain way that I go through the grocery store, a certain way of cleaning stuff, etc. And then I have plenty of bad habits like biting my fingernails and picking my nose.
We saw your commercial on TV the other day. I think it was on TLC. We were sick, so I spent the entire day just watching a What Not to Wear marathon.
That cartoon you posted was really cool. I didn't really get a plot out of it, but it was gorgeous to watch, and the music was interesting. I like that kind of animation tons better than Pixar kind of stuff.
Finally saw the clips -- yeah, that Black Heart one is super cool looking!
The Trakker ad -- took me until the end to figure out what the product was, I'm out of the loop. But your shadows and red lights looked good! I look forward to the one with more of yer werk. Same product er diff?
How'd yer Swearing Time go?
Post a Comment