News from the Peterson's place--Last week, Amanda's mom moved out of her house into an apartment. Since none of her other siblings would help (except Mikey, who was also moving) Amanda had to take the 3 kids over and help move while I was at work. Well, while Amanda was helping load in the washing machine, Abe (who was in the back of the moving truck) fell out onto his face. Luckily he only had minor scratches and a swollen nose the first day. It was really sad.
Because she moved into an apartment, she decided to get rid of her food storage, so Amanda and her sister split it, so here are some pictures of our pantry,

one of our cupboards,

and under Abe's crib.

This past Friday, Amanda's younger sister, Molly, got married. Maddy was a bridesmaid (wearing a dress Amanda sewed) and Joel wore a tuxedo. Here are pics:



Other than that, we've just been plugging along through life, hoping life works out for us OK.
Here's a picture of Maddy as a Horse (she made the horse-snout for her face)

Hmm...video clip...OK, here's one of my all-time favorite Sondheim songs, "I Remember"
8 comments:
That is so sad about Abe! That is really scary for a little boy, or even a big boy, to fall out of the moving truck.
Why didn't any of Amanda's siblings help? Why didn't anyone from the ward help? That's just crazy. Helping people move is great because you typically get something free out of it. Our neighbors just moved, and we got a bunch of their food, including a huge thing of soy sauce. Maybe you guys would use it more than we would, though.
The kids look really cute in the wedding clothes. Did Joel like wearing a tuxedo? And Madison looks so grown up in her pretty dress. And we're guessing that Abe wasn't wearing a real tie. It looked like it was part of his shirt or something.
The kids were SO CUTE at the wedding reception. And I wonder, too, where their ward was, etc. Did anybody help?
Amanda's brother Matt came over for 20 minutes one morning to "help" then had stuff to do. Don't ask me what people with no jobs or school have to do, but whatever...Molly and her fiance were moving stuff into THEIR new house, and Danny and Mandy are allergic to helping, I think. Haley's husband came over to help for a while, too.
Joel LOVED wearing the tuxedo, especially the shiny shoes and he loved the ruffled front of the shirt. Maddy loves her dress, too, and likes to wear it around the house. Yes, Abe's tie is sewn onto his shirt--they sell those at Deseret Book.
Amanda says that her mom did ask the ward to help move, but then again, so did we, and no one helped us move either.
My sibligs didn't help because they're fat and lazy. Mikey helped because he had to since he was moving too. Of course he was the only one who helped us move. Matt and Erin are seriously so lazy I can't believe it. Danny hurt his shoulder but Mandy came to finish painting. And Haley helped quite a bit on the last night.
I feel like a horrible mother because of letting Abe fall out of the back of the truck. I was trying to help my mom and Andy was a work and being in the truck entertained him, he just happened to misstep and take a fall. It was really sad he had a bloody nose and mouth and a horrible scrape on his forehead. Luckily it wasn't worse than that. One neighborhood kid was nice enough to point out to me that "babies can die from that."
One man from the ward came to help on tuesday and helped with all the big furniture so that was nice but it was tuesday and wednesday during the day so can you blame them? Anyway moving sucks!
I'm glad Abe was alright -- it's not your fault Amanda, I admire that you helped even with three kids! Hey, at least the washer didn't fall on Abe. It coulda been something worse.
Maybe it's not my biz, but where's Amanda's dad? Did something happen and I just didn't hear about it?
And yep, the kids look cute/purdy/handsome all dressed up!
My dad is extremely fat and lazy just like my siblings (except fatter) he did watch Mikey's son while we moved though so that was kinda helpful. Basically he sits around and plays video games all day and makes people make him lunch. My mom is like superwoman. Anyway technically speaking he is disabled (he does get a check every month from the government. But he didn't die or anything he just doesn't come out of hiding.
Man, I sound like I hate my family. I love them they're just all really lazy. Except my mom who has to pick up the slack for everyone else and cries secretly in her room. Even I am extremely lazy. Ask Andy. Of course not near as bad as some of them.
Yeah, I feel bad for your mom, Amanda. She really does seem like a superwoman having to do a lot. She works full time and is just now getting all her kids out of the house. Plus she goes gung ho doing the fun grandma thing. I hope moving to a new place makes it all easier on her.
Post a Comment