OK, so this is a little late. But as most of you know, I've been a little busy lately looking for (and hopefully getting) a new job.
But here's my first movie review of the Summer Movie Season: Spider-man 3.
Overall: B+
I thought the first Spider-man movie was OK. When I saw it in the theater, I was like, "Eh. Not sure what all the hype was about." But watching it on DVD (especially since Joel LOVED it) I gained a bigger appreciation for it.
I LOVED Spider-man 2. I thought the story was really strong and had an improtance to it that gave a silly comic book movie meaning and depth. I loved the Doc Ock villian, and the reveals were great, as far as who sees Peter is Spider-man, etc.
Spider-man 3 is fun, but does feel like they were trying to put too much into the movie. I didn't mind that it was busy, but it felt like some of the transitions from plotline to plotline were a little clumsy.
A lot of reviews have complained about "Bad Peter," especially his dance number. Personally, that was one of the highlights of the movie for me. It was a perfect realization of what a nerd would think was "cool." (Maybe stylized a little to fit a comic-book world).
I thought Topher Grace did a good job, except I didn't like him as Venom--he seemed like 2 completely different people, instead of an angry extension of the 1st personality. I also liked the black goo idea, but again, I thought that the introduction of it was a little clumsy, but that may change after watching it a couple times.
As far as the scariness factor, I didn't think it was any scarier for Joel/Maddy than the first one, though Venom's creepy looking.
Anyway, that's my review, and my next one, for Pirates 3, should be up in a couple weeks...once I see the movie...
I didn't do a Star Wars Fan Film this time around, but this is my favorite of the new ones so far, don't ask me why.
5 comments:
That was very funny...
I still need to See Spiderman 3... Darned Babysitters are too hard to book/find in a ward with so many families with small children also looking to hire babysitters...
DAZ is putting Pirate themed 3D models on sale when PotC 3 comes out...that is kinda like seeing the movie... kinda...
That was an awesome video. The first part felt all too familiar. There are numerous times that Ethan and I just cannot remember where we parked, so we do our clicker and look for the lights to flash somewhere. It used to work just having our Mickey-pirate antennae ball, but too many people have those nowadays.
Yeah, I do the alarm beeping thing to find my car. The day I went to buy the Wii, I was in such a hurry that I paid no attention to where I'd parked in the mall parking lot. I left an hour later, Wii in my possession, but no idea where I'd parked. I wandered around the mall parking lot for a good 15 minutes before I found my car.
Today on the way to take Maddy to school, I saw a van with our same exact "Tower of Terror" Mickey antenna--so there's 2 of THOSE ones just in our neighborhood!
Yeah, finding babysitters is tough--we set up a switcheroo deal with Haley where we'll watch hers and she'll watch ours for the three non-kid movies we want to see this summer: Spidey, Pirates, and Harry Potter.
OK, you guys learned that from me! I have had to use my key clicker for years! And before that, I had a voice recorder, remember??
I don't know if we'll see Spiderman 3. Or the new Pirates of the Caribbean.
Last night on the way home from the temple David complained that his hair seemed really sticky and weird even though he had taken a shower and washed it. When we got home I took a sniff, and it smelled minty. You guessed it--he had used toothpaste instead of gel when he combed his hair. I know it doesn't have anything to do with Andy's blog, but I wanted to say something!
I never had a Mickey antennae ball, although I seem to remember a red ribbon that I had for a long time. I haven't seen any summer movies, and I am past the baby-sitter problem thing, but oh, boy, do I remember how hard it was to get sitters when the first three kids were young and we lived in California.
I can tell a number of horror stories about losing my car in a parking lot, back before we had electronic clicker things. Once in the airport parking lot at Orange County. In the dark. Carrying suitcases and hobbling in high heels.
Mom, that is awesome about David and the toothpaste hair. That's really funny. Almost right up there with that sparkle hairspray pap smear story that they keep posted in gynaecologists' offices.
Post a Comment