Here's Joel's, our Buzz Lightyear/Star Wars fan.

Here's Maddy's shirt--Maddy LOVES the wild rides.

Of course, Abe's has "It's a Small Word" and says "My First Trip to Disneyland"

I also made him one that looks like mine:

In case the image is to small to see the details, My shirt is made up of Disneyland attraction posters.
Manda's looks like this:

Take a wild guess where those antenna topper mickeys are positioned on the shirt...
We are very excited to go, and we're glad it's only a month and a half away. It's going to be so much fun. Maddy will be a little annoyed that her favorite ride, Splash Mountain, is closed for repairs. But she'll be able to go on a lot of rides she's never been on, like Indiana Jones Adventure, Space Mountain, California Screamin', and new rides like Monsters Inc. and Turtle Talk with Crush. So anyway, that's all for now.
From now until the end of April, Space Mountain is "Rockin' Space Mountian," which includes fancy rock-concert lighting and visuals, as well as a Red Hot Chili Peppers soundtrack. You can watch it below, though the video's kinda dark and shaky (it IS a roller coaster after all).
10 comments:
Okay, but are you RILLY gonna do it this time?! Ya know, I wish I would have had a fun dad like that to make shirts and do a big susprise like that!
And 'Manda's shirt... ha ha, so perfect! She's got big boobs, huh.
The ONLY way we WON'T be going is if my company suddenly goes under. But it's looking like the OPPOSITE will be happening (as in, my job will be going full-steam ahead). Oh, or if there's a major death/emergency/tragedy that would cause a problem. Again, pretty unlikely.
Yeah, in fact, I think Amanda came up with her shirt idea.
That is so fun. I bet the kids will love it all. We're actually thinking of doing a Disneyland trip over President's Day weekend because we won't have school on that Tuesday. But we need to see about a few things before making a final decision on it.
Rockin' Space Mountain looks pretty fun. I wonder how the Red Hot Chili Peppers feel about being part of a Disneyland ride.
We just booked our plane tickets for our Europe trip this summer. We need to go for my thesis research, and we're hoping that I get a grant in addition to funding from my department. We are leaving April 30th and coming back June 8th. We are super excited for that. But I don't think you and your family would be excited for it.
Dude, I think it is so great that you finally have a fun job and can do some animating instead of making cinnamon rolls or selling/stocking office products. I hope they continue and get very successful, and I'm glad signs are pointing that way!
And Lib, you are SO LUCKY that you get to go to Europe to do research!
Libby--The Red Hot Chili Peppers were actually involved in the whole thing, and even re-recorded some parts of the music to fit better with the dips and turns of the roller coasters. Keep in mind that if you go during President's Day weekend, it'll be more crowded than usual (though not quite summer level crowds) and Splash Mountain and the Disneyland Railroad are both closed. But everything else is open.
LeeAnn--Yes, it's very nice to have a "real" job. Although I still have nightmares that I'm back at OfficeMax.
Sounds like fun. We want to go sometime soonish, but with Cougar so little it will certainly be a while.
And how would it be to have no kids or responsibilities and be able to run off to Europe... sounds like the good life!
I am writing this from the Nintendo Wii so will have to keep it short. Typing this slow sure does help my spelling though.
Since Judy wrote me a frantic email worried about this, and I certainly DON'T want Andy's blog turning into Drama 101...
My comments were not directed at anyone-- they were general comments about the topics raised.
We're going to Marana this summer. I'm keeping it a secret from the kids, though. They'll think we're going to the doctor's office, but really we'll be going to look at the cotton fields. We might even stop at Eeegee's and share a small Flavor of the Month. If things are going REALLY well, we might even take turns chewing a piece of gum!
The real fun will come next year when I make the kids t-shirts that say "My Dad Earned A PhD and All I Got Was This Lousy T-shirt." They'll realize that it has all been truly worth it.
>boobs
Haha! That's a funny word.
>instead of making cinnamon rolls
The free stuff was better then, though. Tasted better, anyway.
>Although I still have nightmares that I'm back at OfficeMax.
A couple of weeks ago there was an episode of "The Office" that had Dwight working at Staples. It was pretty funny. I thought of you when I was watching it. (Not that you're like Dwight, but just that you worked at an office supply place. On the other hand, Dwight is into Star Wars and stuff...)
>My comments were not directed at anyone
Well, I was personally terribly offended by your insensitive use of the word "soonish," which is similar to "goonish," which contains the word "goon," which is similar to the word "gook," which is a derogatory term for east Asians. My wife is from east Asia, so basically, you have called my wife a bad word, and I demand reparations. You must also contact the NAAEAP (the National Association for the Advancement of East Asian People) and ask them what you can do to heal the wounds you have inflicted on the entire east Asian community. You must then take sensitivity training and check yourself in to rehab.
You don't have to do that right now, but just soonish.
Post a Comment