But I've started missing using the blog for occasional longer journal-type updates, so I'm going to try to start it up again--we'll see how it goes. While I'm not going to try to sum up events of the past year, I did want to post our Disneyland February 2012 Disneyland Trip re-cap with photos and details for my own benefit, and in case you all want to live vicariously through my posts (or learn anything about planning your own Disney trips!!) Note, this trip was a year ago, so although I took detailed notes of which rides we went on at what times, I forgot a lot of the other details.
So here's a re-cap of Day 1, Monday, Feb 6, 2012
6:30: We wake up the kids. Maddy tells us "I've been awake since
5:30."
8:04: We leave home
8:49: Abe asks if he can have his trail mix,
since he found 10 airplanes (the kids were airplane-hunting as we drove by the
Phoenix Airport). We told him he had to
wait until 9:00.
8:59: Abe gets to have his trail mix 1 minute
early because he found a total of 20 airplanes.
10:45:
Bathroom break at the Blythe, CA Carl's Jr.
12:25: We
stop for lunch at Burger King in Thousand Palms
1:00: Back on the road.
3:02: We arrive at the beach (Huntington
Beach). Along the way, we saw the Via
Balboa beachfront condos/apartments and wondered how much they cost--not sure
the rental price, but the 2Bdr units are currently selling for over $500,000.
4:45:
After checking in at our hotel (Howard Johnson across from Disneyland),
we headed to Downtown Disney.
![]() |
| The kids in front of the Disney California Adventure Park entrance...no more oversized letters to stand in front of. |
5:15:
We met our friend Cody underneath the Mickey Sorcerer hat at the
entrance to the Disneyland Hotel. He
took us on a tour of the Disneyland Hotel, including a tour inside the
Concierge lounge and the awesome Pirates of the Caribbean Suite. Here are pictures of the kids hanging out in the hotel lobby's teacup seats:
6:00:
Went to the Paradise Pier Hotel and ordered the Kitchen Sink dessert.
6:45:
We tried to head back to Downtown Disney and got lost on the
walkways/streets.
7:40:
We arrived at our hotel for the night.
Alrighty, so that's the first day--other days coming soon!!!
Alrighty, so that's the first day--other days coming soon!!!









1 comment:
Hahaha! That was fun to read and see the pictures! I keep thinking I'm going to stop blogging and then I decide it's time for a journal-type post. And then I get sick of it again and...blah blah blah. For the same reasons you don't blog very much anymore.
Post a Comment