Haven't updated the blog since the start of July. A lot of stuff happened, some good; some bad, but nothing I want to relive, in blog-form or otherwise. So here are a bunch of photos we've taken over the past couple months, with some minor commentary:
The kids started school, and Abe started all-day Kindergarten. He wasn't too thrilled with the idea:
but after one day, he got hooked and LOVES school--in fact, he whines when it's a weekend or a half-day.
Elliott likes to hang out on the ledge of the front window:
He also loves to feed Joel apple slices.
We went to the Superstition Springs Farmers Market and bought a HUGE box of over-ripe bananas for only $2. So we had a peeling/mashing party:
After that, we had a LOT of banana bread and banana cake--and we've still got several cups of mashed bananas in the freezer for future use.
We've had a few summer monsoons, and even a couple of HABOOBS (just as dirty as it sounds, but not dirty in that way). During one storm, a pigeon decided to hang out on our porch:
We should've caught it and eaten it, but we didn't.
Abe became a new superhero--Diaperman:
Unfortunately, messing around with the diapers like that sifts their internal absorbing pellets, and Elliott had several uncomfortable days of clumpy diapers.
We had a few weeks of smelly, hairy creatures living at our house; but besides Amanda's relatives visiting, we also watched a ward members' dog:
(Oh, McTeers--I kid because I love...I love that you're not in our house anymore--ZING!!!!)
Elliott gets jealous of the big kids being able to do stuff like play video games:
And use a laptop:
Joel upgraded his Link costume, using tin foil he bought with his allowance:
Seriously, he bought like 3 rolls of aluminum foil.
And let's end with Elliott eating ice cream:











1 comment:
It's so fun to see the pictures of Elliott especially because we haven't really seen him in person. He looks totally goofy in most of the pictures. I love the head turn in the last one. I'm also glad your kids are so nerdy. Using allowance to buy aluminum foil. That sounds like something YOU would do!
There was something on NPR (Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me) about haboobs. I guess people want to change the name to habreasts so it won't be so offensive to vets returning from the Middle East....hahaha.
Thanks so much for the update and all the pictures. So fun to see the kids!
Post a Comment