Jana tagged me with this 8 things tag and so I'm doing it cause why the heck not:
Eight Television Shows I Watch
The Office
The Soup
Mythbusters
Mad About You (on DVD)
Mystery Science Theater 3000 (on DVD)
The Office (on DVD)
My So-Called Life (on DVD)
Amanda's lame HGTV Home shows
Eight Favorite Restaurants
Brick Oven
Chinese Buffet
Taco Bell
Los Hermanos
Flaming Wok
Macaroni Grill
Wendy's
Arby's
8 Singers/Bands I listen to
London Symphony Orchestra
Prague Philarmonic
Boston Pops
People that sing in Sondheim Musicals
People that sing in Disney Musicals
The musicians that play music for Disney Rides
Bands that play John Williams music
Michael Jackson
Eight Books I have read
Harry Potter
Huck Finn
The Unofficial Guide to Disney World
The Mormon Bathroom Reader
The Lovely Bones
The Disney that Never Was
Jurassic Park
Because of Winn-Dixie
Eight Things That Happened Yesterday
I got annoyed at work.
I ate Wendy's
I played Lego: Batman
We decided not to go to Disneyland at Christmas
Amanda got annoyed at work.
I played text twirl on Facebook.
I ate really crappy sandwich cookies.
I ate stale donuts.
Eight Things I'm Looking Forward To
Being done with Watchmen (though I love working on it, it'll be nice to have free time again).
Christmas
General Conference
Getting a new job
Amanda and Abe's Birthday
The weekend cause it'll be cold and stormy
Going to Disney World...sometime...
Buying a new treadmill HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Eight Things on my Wish List
Better job
Bigger house
go to Disney World
lose 20 pounds
get out of debt
my wife to not throw up when she's pregnant (no, she's not pregnant)
wish it would snow
wish I had more vacation days
Eight People I'm Tagging
Amanda
Judy
Leeann
libby
reed
anyone else who reads this blog and wants to either relpy on their blog or in the comments of this blog
6 comments:
Good to know you are alive! The kids and I enjoyed your answers!
I love the costume! I put the picture as my new desktop wallpaper. Okay, because I was tagged, here are my responses:
Eight Television Shows I Watch:
The Office
Lost
Quantum Leap (DVD)
Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman (DVD)
General Conference (does that count?)
We don't actually have TV right now, so I can't come up with 8...But I like "Leave it to Beaver." And I am a devoted listener of two radio shows: "This American Life" and "Radio West." I get podcasts of them.
Eight Favorite Restaurants:
Macaroni Grill
McGrath's
Red Lobster
Camille's (a place here in IN)
Noodles and Company
Coldstone
Los Hermanos
JCW's
8 Singers/Bands I listen to:
ABBA
The Smiths
John Denver
U2
Buddy Holly
Cat Stevens
Myself
MoTab
I really just like lots of songs and not specific groups other than ABBA.
Eight Books I have read:
Devil in the White City
Assassination Vacation
A Midwife's Tale
Wicked
Passage to India
Joy Luck Club
The House of Mirth
Bio. of Marie Antoinette
Eight Things That Happened Yesterday:
I read about Andy's poor eating habits.
Graded tests
Taught students who hate school
Successfully completed the daily crossword puzzle
Went to a performance by James Earl Jones--yes, the REAL one here at Purdue!
Listened to 2 episodes of "Radio West"
Walked on the treadmill
Ate veggie-stuffed pizza that Ethan loves but that I didn't really like
Eight Things I'm Looking Forward To:
The end of the semester
Christmas break
General Conference
Painting our house
Being able to start a garden next spring
Tomorrow's crossword puzzle
Having a baby
Death and resurrection (as long as it's with Ethan)
Eight Things on my Wish List:
Better job
Bookshelves
a nice vacation somewhere
losing 20 pounds
get out of debt
Lots of DVDs and books
lots of pretty new clothes
a hand wheat grinder to take care of all this wheat that split open on the move out here and is just sitting in several ziploc bags...
Eight People I'm Tagging
Amanda
Judy
Leeann
Andy
Reed
anyone else who reads this blog and wants to either relpy on their blog or in the comments of this blog
OK fine...
Eight television shows I watch
the office
house hunters
flip the house
maybe scrubs
love tlc crap
anything awesome medical
I don't really watch tv
eight favorite restaurants
taco bell
chinese buffet
burger king
jcws is pretty good but i've only been there once
macaroni grill (because of the cake)
los hermanos
in n out
golden burger (from my california days) and if people say theres no fry sauce out of utah they're wrong golden burger had it.
eight singer/bands
the cure
the smiths
james taylor
indigo girls
dashboard cofessional
u2
face to face
beatles
8books I have read
harry potters
jane eyre
don't like to read anything else would be a requirement for school
to kill a mockingbird
never in anger
saints scholars and schizophrenics
tuesdays with morrie
mans search for meaning
the scarlet letter
8 things that happened yesterday
went to work
watched paige
scrubbed the bathtub
called uvsc to find out why I don't get a bill anymore
took a very nice nap
listned to a good band down at the storage units for the disney store
played go fish with abe
bought tickets to "body worlds"
8 things I am looking forward to
not watching paige anymore
going to disney world
christmas
making maddy a harry potter room
losing weight
getting a really awesome treadmill
getting out of debt
buying a car for me to use
8 things on my wish list
andy to have a better job
a house with a backyard
a masters degree
being thinner and healthier
a new video camera
a good bike with a trailer
a good tax return
another girl
Whoa! I've been tagged! First time ever.
Eight Television Shows I Watch:
Well, I watch a total of about 2 hours of TV a week, but if you count a little on the Internet, DVDs, etc., I guess these would be the eight.
The Office
Pushing Daisies
Boy Meets Grill with Bobby Flay
Monty Python's Flying Circus
Death Note
The Honeymooner's
The Rifleman
Malcolm in the Middle
Eight Favorite Restaurants:
Nico's Taco Shop
Thai West
Carl's Jr.
Melting Pot
La Parilla Suiza
Panda House Stir Fry
Blackjack Pizza
Eegee's
8 Singers/Bands I listen to:
Yngwie J. Malmsteen
Paul Gilbert
Michael Schenker
Uli Jon Roth
Symphony X
Angra
Circus Maximus
Blind Guardian
Eight books I have read:
Okay, I'm surrounded by cascading mountains of books, so I'll just list the ones that catch my eye first.
-Everything Raymond Chandler has ever published (I'm counting that as one.)
-Simulacra and Simulation
-Of Corpse: Death and Humor in Folklore and Popular Culture
-Osaka Showa-shi (A History of Humor in Osaka)
-Taking Laughter Seriously
-The House of Nire
-The Bastiat Collection (I'm counting that as one also.)
-Recontextualizing Texts
Eight Things That Happened Yesterday:
I got a chiropractic adjustment.
I translated a financial report.
I almost finished a draft of a chapter of my dissertation.
I played Titan Quest and killed a giant Yeti.
I went to Kai's cross country meet.
I went to Kai's soccer game.
I updated some software.
I created a new grading matrix for the Japanese religion class research paper.
Eight Things I'm Looking Forward To:
The Second Coming and the accompanying eternal destruction of all politicians.
Finishing my dissertation.
Watching a little football on Saturday.
Diablo III
Eating Indian food.
Summer
The World Series
Getting the next volume of The Three Stooges Collection
Eight Things on my Wish List:
To be left alone.
For people to stop talking all the time.
For bad drivers to get off the road.
For incompetent workers to be fired.
For D.C. to sink into the ocean.
100% HD broadcasts on all channels.
A sequel to Hellgate: London.
A bigger, better burrito.
Eight People I'm Tagging
Larry
Moe
Curly
Shemp
Groucho
Harpo
Chico
Zeppo
I'm kinda late to this, but this is a fun 'un!
Eight Television Shows I Watch
The Office
The Soup
Pushing Daisies
Life On Mars
The Shield
Project Runway
Top Design
Ugly Betty
Eight Favorite Restaurants
Jackson Diner (NY)
Himalayan Kitchen
Taco Bell
Poquito Mas (LA)
Olive Garden
Salvadoran Kitchen (Provo)
this dumpy little Middle Eastern place in Queens
Tree Room (Sundance)
8 Singers/Bands I listen to
Chameleons UK
Starsailor
Black Box Recorder
Dean & Britta
Tindersticks
Goldfrapp
Echo & the Bunnymen
Suede/The Tears
Eight Books I have read
The Lovely Bones (Andy, I can't picture you reading this!)
Twilight Series (4 books -- yes, I succumbed!)
The Prisoner Official Guide
The Peacegiver
How to Hug a Porcupine
View From A Hill (Mark Burgess autobiog)
Pnin (Nabokov)
The Haj (Leon Uris)
Eight Things That Happened Yesterday
Changed a poopy diaper
Sewed/cut more of Joseph's costume
Put Joseph in time out
Let Joseph eat two oreos
Cut up a honeydew melon and let both boys devour it all
Kissed Jakey's luscious cheeks
Told Joseph he was awesome
Had fun talking to George throughout the day
Eight Things I'm Looking Forward To
Joseph being 100% potty trained
Finishing both boys' costumes
Going to a better psychiatrist
Being all together with George
Losing another 10 pounds
Jakey growing up more
Joseph saying more clever things
Big snowstorms
Eight Things on my Wish List
Safe, healthy lives for my sons
J & J being strong in the gospel
Screen actors coming to a deal and movies filming again
More energy
Less anxiety
George being healthy and getting better sleep
Teeth whitening
Eye lift
Eight People I'm Tagging
I dunno...
Well, I guess it's a good thing I decided to check Andy's blog bog, since he hadn't updated it for literally eons! And now I had some fun reading from all of you! So I guess I've been tagged, although I don't really know how that works but I did see my name on some lists...
Eight Television Shows I Watch
Wheel of Fortune
Jeopardy
Passport to Europe (DVR so I can watch while I do the treadmill)
Glenn Beck (sometimes)
O'Reilly Factor (sometimes)
CNN news that David has on all day (and I try to counteract with Fox)
I don't actually watch 8 television shows. Maybe Rosemary and Thyme if I remember it's on, and Tabernacle Choir on Sunday morning. I have a life!
Eight Favorite Restaurants (easy!!)
Macaroni Grill
Chef's Table
Noodles and Company
Los Hermanos
La Carreta (Peruvian)
El Saboney (Cuban)
Cracker Barrel
McGraths
Red Lobster
Crab Cooker (Newport Beach)
Marie Callendar's
Blue Willow (Tucson)
and these are just for starters!!
8 Singers/Bands I listen to
You've got to be kidding!!
Barry Manilow (of course)
Eva Cassidy
Josh Groban
Michael Buble
various symphony orchestras and philharmonics on my numberous classical CDs
St. Martin in the Fields (orchestra and /or choir)
Boston Pops
Roy Orbison
Natalie Cole
Norah Jones
Eight Books I have read
All of Jan Karon's Mitford Series (8 of those, at least)
Atonement
Agatha Christie: A murder is Announced, Murder on the Orient Express, etc. at least 8
Exodus (Leon Uris)
To Kill a Mockingbird
The Virgin Blue (Tracy Chevalier)
The Bean Trees
Midwives
John Adams
Eight Things That Happened Yesterday
Took LeeAnn to the car repair place to pick up the Tahoe
Took Joseph with me to pick up a book at Barnes and Noble
Did the treadmill
Fixed leftovers for dinner
Read in my new book for my new book club ("Ella Minnow Pea" is the book)
Picked up prescriptions at the pharmacy
Dropped off a payment
Mailed birthday cards
Eight Things I'm Looking Forward To
SNOW AND COLD WEATHER
More Wednesdays at the park with Joseph, Abe, and Amanda
Christmas
Someday visiting Bonnie
Someday going to Montana for a few days with Sandra
Learning more German
Eight Things on my Wish List
I wish I had money to take my grandkids lots of places and buy them things
I wish I liked to exercise
I wish I didn't love potatoes and pasta so much
I wish I had a new wardrobe
I wish all my kids could live together in a big family compound and all like each other enough to be happy there
I wish I had season tickets to the Utah Symphony
I wish I didn't need so much sleep at night
I wish I could go to all the plays I want to
Eight People I'm Tagging
You've already been tagged...
So I'm sorry I went over 8 on some things. But I'm the mom. I can do what I want...:)
Post a Comment