Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Father's Day and a blog game

Man, so busy lately. That's a good thing, cause it means a better paycheck! But it means I'm really worn out at the end of the day and don't feel like blogging. But I got home early tonight and got to relax a while, so now I can catch up on my blogs.

Thanks to all those who contributed advice and snarky comments regarding our decision. We've decided for sure to have Amanda pursue Nursing rather than her Master's Degree. However, we're still not 100% where to live and whether to rent or buy. There are some townhomes in Pleasant Grove we've been looking at, though. No decisions yet, however.

Father's Day: I didn't have a giant breakfast like amanda did--I got to pick out a couple boxes of cereal just for me--I got Honey Graham Oh's (DELICIOUS!) and Raisin Nut Bran (which wasn't as good as I'd remembered). I spent the day relaxing. Watched a movie or two, though I don't remember what movies, and we enjoyed our combination Father's Day/Anniversary/need a new TV present of our new flat-screen TV. Now we have a remote control, and the TV doesn't change channels when we press the volume button on the TV!!

I've also put a new list on the right of this blog that lists the movies we've got through Netflix so far this year. Overall, we've made good choices--only a couple disappointments in the list.

I'll end with a game that my friend Jana has on her blog. Here's what you do, courtesy of her blog entry:

Here are the directions:
Okay, as a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember! Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty cool (and funny) to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. :) If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments.

Why not end with a clip from PIXAR's newest short film "Presto" which plays before WALL-E?

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember the one time we did that one stuff together... that was AWESOME!

Actually... Greggory Grahm... Contacting ghosts in our bedroom on Hacienda Hermosa... Then I dropped that metal helmet, scaring the crap out of him and watching him sprint out of the room and house... if I remember correctly... we also spotted russian planes outside with him... and he showed us "proof" aliens had landed in our back yard...
But we also built a Goonies Data zip line there too...

Anyway... If you bring that TV you can stay with us while Amanda goes to school... ;)

Anonymous said...

OOPS... in HIS back Yard...not ours.. sorry... trying to comment and deal with kids at the same time doesn't work.

Jana said...

Oh, so many! The one I remember most, which I have probably told you one hundred times, is when you drew me The Haunted Mansion in Jr. High art class. I could kick myself for not hanging on to it. There were also lunches at our table in High School. I have a picture, I will have to share! I vaguely recall hearing from you on your mission, but that could just be in my head. Then our 10 year reunion. Aside from meeting Amanda and the kids, what a nightmare! I think my ears are still ringing from the loud music. But we both won prizes...most kids and longest married. I must say, it has been a pleasure knowing you. Did I mention my kids have made a request to move in next door to you?

The Gramster said...

Andy, so how about that time you thought that woman in the grocery store was me and you went up to her back and started talking to her...and then realized it wasn't your mom...was that funny?

If I think of something better I'll comment again. There must be something really funny that happened to the two of us. together. Mom and son. memorable. Yes. There must be.

Anonymous said...

Well the first memory I have of you is when it was my first day starting at Cinnabon and I couldn't figure out how to unfold the plastic apron and put it on and you helped me.

Then one of the most memorable days we had together was our first anniversary. It was July 3rd but since July 4th was a Sunday and Utah is lame and full of mormons the whole of utah was celebrating independence day. Now that wouldn't be so bad but our newly born Madison had jaundice. We took her to Orem community hospital to get her blood checked but surprise surprise their lab was closed for the holiday (HOLIDAY??!!!--it was the 3rd retards.) So then we had to drive to Utah Valley which wouldn't have been so incredibly bad except that a whole bunch of freaking streets were closed for the "HOLIDAY" parade so we had to take a really round about way to get there and finally get her checked out.By the end we were so frustrated and tired. That was the first time I heard you say the F word. Happy Anniversary!!!! That just shows us we shouldn't have gotten married on a non-holiday day before a real holiday when we knew we would live in Utah.

Anonymous said...

You're going to get a nip and tuck on your spleen!

Anonymous said...

Clothes and Deodorant-- CHECK!

Blogger Sproatmeal said...

You're going to get a nip and tuck on your spleen!

Anonymous said...

Richard Simmons 80s Blast Off...I won't ask, but I must state that you should've known what the outcome would be. So, from this list, "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner" has received the best review. Not my favorite from your list, but still good. We think Spencer Tracy was awesome in it. One of the few actors from his time who could actually act rather than be melodramatic. Not that I don't like the melodramatic stuff...

The Andimator said...

Alrighty, here we go:

Kevin: Performing the lip sync of Weird Al's "One More Minute" at Ford Elementary. Kevin did a great job as lead singer, and I was great as ALL the back-up singers.

Jana: I already mentioned on her blog about her impromptu voice recording for Kaluvina, and I'll agree that hanging out with her at the reunion was definitely the highlight (and not just cause we were the only sober people)

Judy: Famous lines:
"Morning comes early"
"It's fresh, it's pizza, and it's right under there"
"A growing Allred is a tall person"

Libby: dove school, "They filmed the Sound of Music here" and that time that you discovered the "A.P. + C.V." that I wrote in the dust on Judy's desk in Tucson...Do you still have Charity highlighted all over the place in Moroni?

Amanda: Where to begin. Here are a couple:

We were laying in bed and I notice that she's making weird movements with her arms. I asked what she was doing and she said she was slicing turkey--apparently trying to slice it like at the grocery store.

The night we first held hands was also a great great memory--she started it and it took like half the movie [Multiplicity] for our fingers to actually get together enough to where we were holding hands. More details on July 17th on my 10 Years of Magic Blog.

Anonymous said...

I don't remember "they filmed the Sound of Music here." Sounds familiar, but I just don't remember that...And I still have the scriptures with charity all marked up in Moroni, but I don't use those ones regularly. Want me to rip out that page and give it to you?

Anonymous said...

I've heard from multiple sources (many) that Wall-e is pretty much an environmental extremist/anti-corporation propaganda film that makes even something as far out there as "An Inconvenient Truth" seem mild. A lot of people (including critics, who are usually Kool-aid drinkers!) have said that the heavy-handedness of the leftist hype (which is found in most recent Disney films to a certain degree) pretty much ruined what could have been an enjoyable film. Did it seem that way to you? Or were you too busy looking at the animation to notice the green indoctrination?

Anonymous said...

Go Green!!! Don't forget to recycle!!!

Anonymous said...

So is that a yes or a no?

Katrina said...

hmm, I have so many memories. I mostly remember Sundays, sitting in back of your family. you were always drawing something, and then I would get to see it. A lot of times they would totally make me laugh. I know not very reverent of me. We also had Journalism together in Jr. High. I remember cropping photos with you and taking pics. Fun times

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, I've seen a few more reviews that say that the anti-corporate/environmental wacko message isn't really that heavy handed, or at least not as heavy handed as it could have been, so maybe it will be an enjoyable film.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and my first memory of Andy is when I saw him at the hospital after he was born. Not too exciting, I know, but it's the troof.

My first memory of Amanda is seeing her at C-bon when I drove Andy over to pick something up, and they did googly eyes at each other. At the time, I thought it was the effect of the massive amount of sugar in the shop, but now I know that they wuz jus sparkin' each other.

Legendary Pink Dot said...

My earliest memories of An-dee were when he was a baby. Or before he was born, even! Eating fuzz from the carpet, eating the plastic from his diapers and almost choking, eating pennies...

Maybe that's how he developed such a hardcore stomach lining and has been able to tolerate high amounts of Twinkies?

Jana said...

In reply...They are veggitarian vampires(don't bite people), so they don't cause any funerals. But if they went to one, they would totally take the cheesy funeral potatoes. Green Jello salad is so dated!