The biggest news here at the Peterson home is that Madison got glasses! Last Sunday (a week ago—we skipped church yesterday…) we were in sacrament meeting, 2nd or 3rd row from the front, and Maddy couldn’t read the hymn numbers up on the stand. So Amanda took her to America’s Best on Monday and got her eyes checked. Yep, she inherited the rotten, nearsighted (which describes our vision as well as our approach to life) Peterson eyes. But she just looks so darn cute:

These are her Scooby-Doo frames, which she got to look like Velma, I guess:

This past week was also the premiere of the Maverik Kick Start TV Show, which I do a lot of the motion graphics for. Here’s a trailer:
(I did the text graphics on that ad).
There was a premiere on Wednesday night at a movie theatre in Sandy, UT. It airs Saturday nights at 10:30pm on a Utah station (KJZZ14) as well as airing in Idaho. Episodes will also be available on http://www.maverik-kickstart.com
We’re also getting excited for the newest Indiana Jones movie, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Each weekend this month, we’re watching an Indiana Jones movie, leading up to the newest movie, which we’re going to go see opening weekend. This past Sunday, we watched Raiders of the Lost Ark. As a treat during the movie, we made” no-bake boulders” (no-bake cookies in the shape of boulders, obviously referencing the famous “giant boulder scene” in the movie):

Abe and the kids miss Disneyland. Here’s Abe in their makeshift Pirate of the Caribbean ride:

Here are some other miscellaneous tidbits:
One of Amanda’s co-workers had a bed she didn’t need anymore, and gave it to us for Abe. Here are the kids enjoying it:

We’ve been potty training Abe. While I’m sure we’ll still have some mistakes, he had no accidents at all today, after only 5 days of training!
Here he learns the most important aspect of using the bathroom—finding something good to read:

We also painted a bunch of pictures with fluorescent paint, which we hung up in my room.

They look awesome under the black light!

Well, I think that’s about it for now. Be sure to check out the 10 Years of Magic blog, too, for more shenanigans and whatnot!
8 comments:
Jinkys! I love Maddy's glasses! She looks so cute. I always wanted glasses, but haven't needed them. Love your Indiana Jones idea and the boulders. Saddly, we don't have the movies(please don't be too disappointed in us). I am so glad to be done with potty training! Good Luck!
I like Maddy's Velma glasses the best. She is SO much cuter in those glasses than I was in my first couple pairs. That's because I had to suffer through the 1980s version of glasses. Maddy gets much better spectacles fashion.
I love the picture of Abe on the pot, reading. I saved that picture on my computer.
The text graphics from Kick Start are really the best part of it. Seriously. I think you should redo Kaluvina with similar text graphics. It was neat to go to the preview, but I think I'd rather go to sleep on Saturday nights by 10:30. But Ethan put it nicely, "It's good that inactive Mormons in Utah will have a TV show now." But, even if I'm not interested in the show, your part of working on it is cool, and honestly it seems like it'll be a fairly popular show around here.
I am so glad that Maddy doen't have to suffer through the 1980's glasses too or I might have said she couldn't have them. There were really many many glasses she could've chosen that were cute and we had a really hard time.
I agree with the kickstart stuff. Andy freakin' rocks at everything he does. That's why he's "got them by the balls." I know Andy is very proud of it but it is just not my type of show.
I was so scared to potty train Abe but it's going really well. The first couple days are always hell but we got through it and now I officially call him potty trained (although Andy disagrees). And now we are done too (at least for 7 or more years).
"At least for 7 or more years." Hmmm. Seems kind of arbitrary. But I'm sure you carefully figured out that number.
In the 1980s, there were NO cute glasses options. Not even one. That's why I was forced to wear ugly glasses.
Andy always says he had to wear those glasses because they were cheap and that is all your mom could afford. But Andy was still wearing them in 1998+ until I could convince him that he didn't have to wear such ugly glasses and we could afford different ones. He also liked to use the excuse that since his prescription was so bad the lenses had to be really thick and those were the only glasses that looked ok with such thick frames. What a load a crap. I was so wishing and dreaming that my kids would have my good eyes. Alas.
7 years is a very precise number. It takes me three years to get through school starting in August, another one to get settled in a job so they won't mind if I am spending a lot of time in the bathroom or if my breath smells like barf, another nine months to be pregnant enough to give birth and two and a half before I need to potty train the bugger.
Ha ha, I love that top photo of little Maddy with glasses! But yes, her new ones look very cute on her.
Lib, you were cute in your 80s glasses! The giant frames went with your giant poofy bangs!
Amanda, I cannot thank you enough for also taking on the challenge of helping me potty train Jophus. Me=clueless. You=smart! I owe you BIG, seriously.
Yeah, Abe looks cute readin' on the pot. Does Andy still have the one from when he was little, sitting on the toilet reading the paper? You should put them side to side in a frame in your front room!
Andy, yeah, your graphics were cool. Did you have to make a new font or was it one that already exists? I wonder if people make good careers out of doing cool text graphics for movies and TV shows? You could get really creative, ya freak! (I mean that in a good way.)
Andy's old glasses remind me of the BCGs (birth-control glasses) that recruits with bad eyes have to wear during basic training/boot camp.
Here's an example.
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/97/261204568_6473ec9667.jpg
Indolent D, for some reason the photo didn't show up, dang.
Post a Comment