Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Superbowl Sunday, Andy Peterson-style

As you all know, I don't like sports. They don't interest me, I think they're silly, the don't get the adrenaline pumping; they just bore me. My wife feels the same way, and is known to say, "I'm SO glad you don't watch sports." She says it to the stove late at night, which is peculiar, but anyway, she's happy about my non-sports existence.

But we do like any excuse to sit in front of the TV and eat stuff. Healthy habit, I know. So we had a Mythbusters Marathon Party. All day long, Discovery Channel was showing episodes of this very entertaining science show. Click here to visit their site. If you've never seen the show, basically, these 2 guys test out all sorts of urban legends and myths. For example, can you really distract a guard dog with a raw steak, can you avoid a bullet by diving underwater, could you shove a bunch of silverware into a cannon and shoot a boat with it, would roaches survive a nuclear explosion? You know, the important questions of life.

We made turkey sandwiches for dinner and had chips and cheese queso dip, raspberry soda with sherbet, and homemade chocolate chip cookies (though when I doubled the recipe, I accidentally quadrupled the # of eggs...oops. But they are light and fluffy!)

In other news, we all have colds, and Abe has ear infections in both ears--including the ear that still has tubes in it (a tube in it?).

I should know by Thursday or so if I'm in the top 20 for the Disney Dream CMO contest, and of course I'll keep you posted on that.

Now to end with, here's an answer to one of life's most perplexing questions, via a clip from Mythbusters you won't see on TV: The answer to the question "Do Pretty Girls Fart?"

5 comments:

Jana said...

That was so funny, that I nearly passed gas while laughing so hard. Good thing I am a lady, and we don't do such things. Sounds like you had fun! Sorry to hear you are all under the weather. Feel better soon!

Legendary Pink Dot said...

YES, pretty girls fart! Just not in front of others. I believe that farting in the bathroom is perfectly acceptable and who knows what happens when we all sleep? Can't ALWAYS control it. Like when you get an epidural and are going through childbirth. Yeah, I did that. Although I wasn't so pretty at the time. (At least I didn't poop!)

I also married a guy who was not into sports. Oh, how it makes life so much better!

Anonymous said...

I agree with LeeAnn--pretty girls just know when and where it is appropriate to fart. And I seriously think our buttholes are stronger at keeping them in. More practice or something.

We also hate the Superbowl and anything having to do with sports. But we didn't do a party or anything. Just a regular Sunday.

Anonymous said...

Well I guess I am not pretty cause I fart and I don't wait for the bathroom. Unless I am in a public place and men should be doing that as well. But hey I remember working in nursing homes/mentally handicapped homes and thinking its ok to toot cause everyone will blame it on the old/handicapped people.

Anonymous said...

This is pretty funny. And as all my family knows, I've been doing that a lot lately so obviously pretty women do it too!