And guess what?!?!?! I WON the FLU FLIX contest with my film "Norton Fears the Flu!!!"
So that means my eldest brother, who suggested the title change from "Catches" to "Fears" has earned himself a sawbuck or two, and it means we can pay some bills and buy some Christmas presents. That's of course assuming that our car doesn't break down the week the check arrives, which is what typically happens when we get any extra $.
Next, I entered the Project: Direct competition http://www.youtube.com/projectdirect
Here's my entry for that, "Lily" which contains the 3 requirements for the contest:
-a person doing something beyond his/her maturity level
-the line "I demand an explanation for these shenanigans. What do you have to say?"
-A character passing a photo to another character.
Originally, I was going to do this cut-out style, like "Conqueror Worm" but that wasn't working out how I'd hoped, so I switched to hand-drawn animation, which I added some effect filters to to give it a feel of being finished, even though it's just rough animation (I had to make the deadline somehow!!).
What else happened in October? Ahh--Amanda and Abraham had birthdays--one turned 28, one turned 2--you figure out which is which.
And of course we had Halloween: Here are the kids:
Joel as Audrey 2, the man-eating plant from "Little Shop of Horrors"

Maddy as Molly from the "American Girl" books:

And Abe was Mickey Mouse:

A lot of people thought Joel was a dinosaur, people didn't know who Maddy was except when she had her doll in hand, and Abe didn't want to wear the costume until he saw how cute he was and that people would give him candy if he wore it.
The kids got lots of candy, and it brought back memories to watch them dump out their bags and sort their candy. But I hate Halloween, and I'm glad Thanksgiving and Christmas are almost here.
Wheww!--enough blog for you? I'll try to update more often, now that I'm notr feverishly animating contest entries.
9 comments:
Congrats!
We let the kids have a bunch of candy that first night, and then we put everyone's candy into a bag and put it in the cupboard. We throw the bag of old candy out around Easter...
I guess when the kids are older they will care more about the candy... but for now, it isn't much of a big deal.
But we LOVE Halloween. They like it more than Christmas. Kids are weird that way-- but funny story on a related topic-- Busbyberkly is furious that stores have Christmas stuff out already. She keeps saying "It is NOVEMBER! Shouldn't they have thanksgiving stuff out!!!"
Kids are funny like that...
Anywho.. congrats again!
I have to agree with that guy who stole my Batmobile! We LOVE Halloween too. But my kids don't forget about their candy and the good stuff is usually gone before Christmas. They also notice when there is a shortage of chocolate! I love the kids costumes. I could totally tell what Joel was. If I had any girls, I would have known what Maddy was too. Oh, Mickey your so fine(Sorry, one of those Charlie and the Chocolate Factory flash back moments)! Congratulations on your hard earned cash! Take it easy!
YES!!! I WON!!! I WON!!!
I mean, uh, congratulations!
Yay for you! Congrats and I hope your car stays in good condition despite the windfall.
I didn't know what a 'sawbuck' was. George told me.
Did Manda make Joel's costume? Purty dang good!
congrats! Norton is my hero. Also, Hiro from Heroes is my hero.
Ethan and I don't know what a sawbuck is, so someone will need to tell us, or else we'll "wiki" it.
Your kids' costumes were really great, but they still don't beat my big pusy zit costume. Maybe next year one of them can be that...
Congrats again on winning the contest! But we're not surprised you won because you're such an awesome andimator.
A sawbuck is a $10 bill.
It's also slang for $10 worth of hippie lettuce.
I'm not sure which Andy means.
Note: "Hippie lettuce" is marijuana.
Knowing Andy it is the Mary Jane...
Yeah, Andy has always had a reputation as a habitual drug user. All those watches were just to cover needle tracks.
Post a Comment