OK, we're now one of those select few in the world who own a Nintendo Wii...And by select few, I mean over 4 million people...
We'd pondered getting a Wii for Christmas, but figured it was too pricey and too hard to find in stores. Plus we'd never played it and hadn't seen much about its features. So we got the kids a Nintendo DS (that's the hand-held game system) and games for Christmas, ironically spending about as much money as a Wii costs anyway.
Fast forward to March--the DS is too hard for the kids to play, and since late January or early February it has sat next to our computer, virtually unused after only a month or 2 of play.
After playing the Wii at Kevin's a couple weeks ago, I saw how fun it was and saw that it was easier for the kids to play. So we put our DS and the games for sale on Amazon (And they basically all sold within a couple days) giving us enough $ to afford a Wii--once I could find one. I kept checking Amazon and other sites using a couple inventory tracker websites, but with no success. We also casually looked for it at stores when we went shopping or running errands.
So on Wed or Thurs of this week, I called Gamestop in the University Mall and asked when they were expecting some (after a website tipped me off that those stores would be getting some in this week) and the guy said they were coming on Fri or Sat. So this morning (Friday) I went in about 10:30 and he said they hadn't come and to check back at 1:30. So at 12:30 I went back and kept checking every 15 minutes. At 1:00, while heading out of Deseret book, I saw the UPS guy leaving GameStop, so I headed over there ASAP and was 2nd in line to get one of their 12 Wii systems.
So there you have it, my not-so-tough quest to get a Wii. Now my next quest is to get a chance to play it--the kids have been hogging it ALL afternoon--and the safety warnings are valid--Joel's already knocked Abe with the controller while playing the boxing game.
Now, to celebrate my fun new toy, (one that Kevin introduced me to), here's Kevin from "The Office" using his favorite electronic gadget.
10 comments:
Update: Joel's knocked himself in the head--twice--with the Wii remote. So far, no bleeding.
Yeah, that's why we don't do video games--too dangerous. ; )
So, does wii stand for world two or war two?
Did you watch the office last night? Pretty good, huh?
Wii actually stands for...um... 'we' like 'we play together'
unlike xbox and ps3, Nintendo wanted video games to move more toward the realm once filled by card and board games... something that kids, adults and old people can play together, while they laugh, talk and basically have fun.
Wii will have to bring one over to Judy's and play all together sometime... the games really are fun for everyone... And on the bigscreen would be great...
One feature Andy didn't mention, is the Virtual Console. It allows you to DownLoad classic Nintendo games and play them. I have Kid Icarus, Donkey Kong Jr, Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country, Wario's Woods, And Super Mario 64...
I am on the verge of Getting Castlevania IV, and the classic NES TMNT game... It also has classic Sega and TurboGrafix games-- like Libby's favorite Splatterhouse--
It also has a news "channel" a weather 'channel' a voting 'channel' and you can DL an Internet Browser as well...
Oh and it plays Game Cube games in addition to the Wii ones...
Oh... and the double 'i's in Wii look like the "wiimote" or like two people standing next to each other...
Also the Wiimercials are great... "Wii would like to play..."
Yeah, I just watched the Office last night (Friday night). Amanda recorded it for me cause I was at work. I loved the woman's suit thing. And Angela asking everyone to tell her the story about Dwight.
I have no idea what Wii stands for (read Kevin's response for that). All I know is the wii jokes and puns won't be ending for a LONG time in our house.
So if you bring it to my house and we have multiple players, we can "wii, wii, wii" all the way home?
That's a good one, Mom!
:) :)
I would like to comment on the whole Wii thang, but I'm outta the loop on stuff like that.
But hey, where the heck did the Office dude find a shredder that good?! I've never found one that can handle more than 5 sheets of paper, let alone a cd! But wow, it would be nice to have perfectly shredded lettuce!
Wii are typing this on our Wii. Wii were playing on-line games at noggin.com before. It is nice because Wii can all participate in front of the TV instead of trying to crowd around my laptop or the other computer in the back room.
Just writing to say that Orem Nursing and Rehab has paper shreaders with slots to put in cds if you wish.
Post a Comment