Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2007

5 Days left--Bottom 5 List

Since I did a top 10 list at 10 Days, it's only fair I do a "botton 5" list on the 5-Days day. You find some similarities among the attractions. All these rides require long waits in line for very short, very plain rides. Most of them just spin you around, too. I also lumped similar rides into the same ranking.

5. King Arthur Carousel/Fish Carousel: Pretty to look at, nice music, boring ride. As a parent, I usually end up standing next to my child, who is seated on a horse (or on a fish at the King Triton Carousel).

4. Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride: I don’t know what the big deal is with this ride. Maybe it was fine and thrilling back in the 50’s—I think it’s the absolute worst Disney dark ride (and I went on Superstar Limo!) Most of the figures look like cardboard cutouts, and it’s so frenetic you don’t even know WHAT’s happening.

3. Teacups/Francis Ladybug Boogie: Spinning. Woooooo. Better than the others because the Teacups music really makes me feel like I’m at Disneyland.

2. Dumbo/Astro Orbiter/Flik’s Flyers: These rides are #2 on the list because not only are lines long, but there are only 8 or so ride vehicles running at a time. That means they’re REALLY slow-moving lines, plus the only sights you see are whatever buildings you fly by—not the greatest. Of course, kids LOVE riding Dumbo (Maddy at least—Joel didn’t like it at all.)

1. Autopia: I’ve already explained how much I hate this ride. But I’ll list the reasons again...Long lines, loud cars, stinky exhaust, unless you’re a little kid, driving just isn’t that big of a deal (and most little kids are too short to reach the pedals/drive on their own on the ride anyway). Plus, it’s a huge waste of space—they should level it out and build a couple new rides in it’s place—heck, you could almost put a whole new land there between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland.

Runners Up:

Tarzan’s Treehouse: OK, I kind of like walking around the treehouse (though the Swiss Family version had some cooler stuff to see), but there’s a lot of steps to climb and the person in front of you is always the SLOWEST person on earth. But at least you don’t usually have to wait in line (though the attraction itself is basically one big line, huh?)

Honey, I Shrunk the Audience: My least favorite 3-D movie at the Disney parks. I saw it once, on my honeymoon, and haven’t gone again. Maybe we’ll try it again sometime. Some fun effects—like the rats crawling up your legs and the shaking floor when people onscreen walk past—but it’s just not as fun as the others.

So there you have it.

Now take a ride on those dang teacups:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with most of those rides--they are pretty lame. BUT I love the teacups. Ethan hates them, though, so I haven't been on them for a long time. Ethan is wondering how often someone ends up puking on that ride.

Legendary Pink Dot said...

Isn't the teacup ride just so your mean friends or brothers can make it go too fast and make you barf?

My least favorite thing at D-land is the gift shops. Lots of money for goofy crap.

Anonymous said...

goofy crap or Goofy crap?

HEHEHE

I don't know the percentage of people who barf on the teacups, but Epcot's Mission: Space is the first Disney ride that provides barf bags during the ride. They also specially designed it for easy clean-up.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Gross. I don't know anything about that ride, so you'll have to tell me what makes it so barfable.

Anonymous said...

I have to Agree with Libby... The Teacups are Hecka FUN!
I also agree with Andy...the music is totally Disney...
I don't like the boring Shows and Movies... Circlevision has to be the worst...
My Bottom 5...IN no particular order (and I have to pull in ALL Disney Parks to complete my list)
Circlevision
That boring thing at the United States in World Showcase at EPCOT.
Canada's Epcot thing...
China's Circlevision Epcot thing...
And probably biggest Wait for littlest payout has to be the "Little Mermaid" Thingy/show at MGM studios...

Honorable mentions--
World Showcase in General at Epcot
SPaceship Earth
The Rollor Blading Tarzan Monkey thing at Animal Kingdom
Fantasmic

And I think we need to mention "It's a Small World" If it weren't so nostalgically part of the "DISNEYLAND" experience, I think we would all hate it...
Although, it was by the bathrooms over by IASW that Carrie saw the girl, moving like a robot and saying "But mom, I'm out of Gas..."